AUtoCAD 2005

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fabio

AUtoCAD 2005

Post by fabio »

hello, i'm french and would like to use space traveller in autocad ... 2005 !
how to use the .mnu and .mns files ?
i know to add functions in theses files for right click, but where to put it and how to use it ?

the file cant be readed :
acad3dx.chm

so ? ...

i work under windows 2000 sp4 256Mo RAM (...) i use autocad 2005, and soon architectural desktop 2007 (the add on from autocad 2005), i've juste received the space traveller.

i red that this paddle could be good with autocad, i use 3D well ...
agoenczi
User
User

subject: AutoCAD 2005

Post by agoenczi »

Hi fabio

If you can use the .mnu and .msn files, you have also defined the commands, which will start the different functions which you desired. You can map these commands to your device-buttons in the driver GUI, using the "Button configuration" and "Custom Tools..." in the driver.

If you need further help, please send me a personal message.
agoenczi
User
User

AutoCAD 2005

Post by agoenczi »

Hi fabio

You can save your .mns or .mnu files under

<AutoCAD>\Support

or just save the existing file acad3dx.mns with a different name (to be able to restore it, if necessary) and edit it according to your needs. Note that the file acad3dx.mns was also saved under C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion Add-in for AutoCAD.

Before saving your new .mnu or .mns files, please delete any older version of these (or just rename them to make sure, that you could restore them).

Could you specify what do you mean with
the file cant be readed :
acad3dx.chm
If you will use AutoCAD 2007, the technology used is different: there are no .mnu and .mns files any more. Please read the documentation of the new release related to menu customization.