Problem with Space Traveller and 64-bit Win XP

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Hi,

I have an HPxw8400 running win xp 64-bit. The drivers appear to install/run and the ST lights up the leds. I don't get any response in either Solidworks or Excel ( the only apps I have that use the ST) from the ST. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike G
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi MikeG

Please start a demo (for example the Cube3D.exe) application and verify the functionality of your device. The delivered demos are available under:

C:\Programs\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare

Sorry to have disappointing you, but no support is available for MS Office on 64 bit systems.

SolidWorks has support for 3Dconnexion devices, you just have to install the driver and you will able to configure your device inside of SolidWorks.
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Hi Agoenczi,

Thanks, the demos do work. Is the driver I need from Solidworks? Or is it the add-in from the install cd? When I selected the add-in from the install cd a warning message appeared and stated that the add-in will not install properly, so I did not do it. Is this what I should install and then configure in Solidworks?

Thanks

MikeG
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi MikeG,
You are probably trying to install an old version of our software. Go to our software page and download the latest release for your device.
Also, in SolidWorks, make sure the "3Dcontrol" add-in is enabled.
Nuno Gomes
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

That did it. I guess it is a little confusing since the "about" menu item said I had ver 3.11 and the web download was ver 3.0.9.

Thanks for the help,

Mike G