Adobe Reader X not recognizing SPP

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

zzz2496

Adobe Reader X not recognizing SPP

Post by zzz2496 »

Hi, I have a small issue regarding Adobe Reader X. When I have Adobe Reader 9, both 3D content and 2D content is controllable through SPP. Then Adobe issued Adobe Reader update, my SPP stopped working. I've made sure that the "3DxAcr3d.api" file is indeed "installed" in the plug_ins folder, yet when I open Adobe Reader's plugin list, it doesn't show up... And yes, I've installed/re-installed more than 3 times already...

Any idea(s) is appreciated, thanks in advance...

zzz2496
zzz2496

Post by zzz2496 »

I forgot to post my OS/driver version...

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Windows is up-to-date).
3DxSoftware64SPP_v3-12-2_r1029.

Thanks in advance...

zzz2496
Fred

Post by Fred »

How to enable support for the 3D mouse in Adobe Reader X
Reader X introduced new security measures which prevent plugins from accessing certain low level functionality in the OS. This restriction affected our plugin's ability to communicate with the driver. As a result, the plugin could not establish a connection with the driver to receive events.
As long as we have not yet adapted our plugin for Adobe Reader X we can suggest a workaround is to disable this additional Reader security. Go to Edit->Preferences->General and unchecking "Enable Protected Mode at startup"
Please note that you change the settings in Adobe Reader X on your own risk!
bcincotta

Adobe X reader and spaceexplorer

Post by bcincotta »

I am having the same problem in Vista 32. changing the security setting as described did not help.

Any other suggestions?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sorry you will have to wait until the programmers make the necessary adjustments in the addin.

The above was a possible workaround.