3D Mouse as 2D Mouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

TattyJJ

3D Mouse as 2D Mouse

Post by TattyJJ »

Hi

I have used the settings and information i have found here to get my 3D mouse working in 2D. For the most part it works perfectly!
I was wondering how it could be 'tweaked' ever so slightly though.

I like how it acts like a joystick and that rotation scrolls/zooms, but is it possible for the 2D movement to be dominant with zoom/scrolling?
When i am moving the cursor i find i am often scrolling by accident, if they were dominant that would make using it in this way easier.

I honestly think this should be incorporated into the provided software, it's crazy you have to search for how to do it manually online!

I think for gaming on a laptop this could pretty awesome, especially when the touchpad doesn't lend itself to what you are doing and are actually using it on your lap making using an actual mouse impractical.

Thanks
malekfata123

Re: 3D Mouse as 2D Mouse

Post by malekfata123 »

hi can you let me know how did you do it?

TattyJJ wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:42 am Hi

I have used the settings and information i have found here to get my 3D mouse working in 2D. For the most part it works perfectly!
I was wondering how it could be 'tweaked' ever so slightly though.

I like how it acts like a joystick and that rotation scrolls/zooms, but is it possible for the 2D movement to be dominant with zoom/scrolling?
When i am moving the cursor i find i am often scrolling by accident, if they were dominant that would make using it in this way easier.

I honestly think this should be incorporated into the provided software, it's crazy you have to search for how to do it manually online!

I think for gaming on a laptop this could pretty awesome, especially when the touchpad doesn't lend itself to what you are doing and are actually using it on your lap making using an actual mouse impractical.

Thanks