Space Pilot Pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

GKA

Space Pilot Pro

Post by GKA »

Hi there I am new to this forum.

I'd like to replace the "Logitech" Logo from the display and replace it by an own one. Do you think that is possible?

Meanwhile I succeeded in writing a simple C# interface to communicate with my SpacePilot Pro. I do not use menus or "launch" buttons. Beside accessing the 3D sensor I am using the buttons to do something else within my application (using callbacks).
The only thing I am really not satisfied with is that big fat shining Logitech Logo. I'd be glad to replace that with something nicer and much more personal (some image for example).

Kindest regards
Gerhard
jwick

Re: Space Pilot Pro

Post by jwick »

Hello GKA,

Sorry we didn't respond to your email.
I see you have found the C# samples in the SDK.

The SpacePilot Pro is too old to do much customization. There is (or was) an SDK from Logitech that allowed you to write whatever you want on that LCD. When our driver is running, it should be showing the button assignments that are setup in our GUI. It is possible to have more than one "applet" running and you can use the buttons to switch between them. It's a pretty much dead feature though.
GKA

Re: Space Pilot Pro

Post by GKA »

Hi there,
no problem at all. I meanwhile solved the problem. If anyone is interested, I could share my solution. I know Space Pilot is much too old - but it does yet its job :-)

Now I got rid of that ugly Logitech banner and all is fine.

Kindest regards and happy programming