3ds Max Physical Camera tilt shift problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

McSuperapfel

3ds Max Physical Camera tilt shift problems

Post by McSuperapfel »

Hi everybody,

I am having serious issues with the current driver on windows 10 using both 3ds Max 2019 and 3ds Max 2021.

I use camera-rigs where I parent a PhysicalCam to helper objects.
As soon as I change a value of the camera's tilt oder shift option (usually I use vertical shift), save and reopen the scene, the value varies.
Sometimes it adds up so everytime I click in the viewport or select the camera the vertical tilt/shift amount gets bigger and bigger (not the value in the option field itself but the behaviour of the camera).
Even if I reset for example the vertical shift back to '0', the camera stays shifted and uncentered. So for now the device is completely useless for me. Everytime I open the scene, the camera changes it's view without any chance to revert/correct this.

I am using driver version 10.6.7 and as said before the problem occurs in both 3ds Max 2019 and 2021.
I now deinstalled 3DxWare completely and now it's working.

In the last few days I spent hours and hours fixing my cameras - really frustrating. Won't be using the device again until I can be sure that this won't happen again.

Hope to get a fix soon.
Kind regards,
Joe
UtaSH

Re: 3ds Max Physical Camera tilt shift problems

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Joe,

we have a beta version of our plugin for 3dsmax that I would like you to test in case you are interested. I will contact you directly.
ikonoform

Post by ikonoform »

UtaSH wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:50 am Hi Joe,

we have a beta version of our plugin for 3dsmax that I would like you to test in case you are interested. I will contact you directly.
I would love to try this beta as well as I'm also having big camera problems in 3ds max.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Email sent. :)
McSuperapfel

Post by McSuperapfel »

As replied to your mail the initial problem is luckily solved :-)

Unfortunately when I have "Auto Key" activated, it creates keys for the camera even though I am not moving it. Seems like Max recognizes some (micro) movemets that are not visible in the viewport...