Spacemouse does not work in Word (office 365)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

HansM

Spacemouse does not work in Word (office 365)

Post by HansM »

Hi everyone,

Anybody can help with this problem? My spacemouse doesn't work in Office 365 Word/Excel. The driver recognizes the program ("Advanced settings, Microsoft Word"). I copied the settings from my other (old) workstation, so it should work- but is doesn't. Already reinstalled the driver numerous times, this solved some other issues but not this one.
Thnx
Hans
UtaSH

Re: Spacemouse does not work in Word (office 365)

Post by UtaSH »

Hi HansM,

what exactly do you want to do in Word/Excel?

When you installed the driver did you do a full installation or did you unselect any component?
HansM

Post by HansM »

Hi,

Since I can't use the scroll wheel on my mouse anymore because of RSI, I started using the spacemouse as a replacement. So it is quite important to get this to work (as it did on word 2010).
Yes, I did the full installation.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi HansM,

We have seen this before and the issue (internally referenced as WIN-667) was an invalid Word installation.

Please see if you can run the "repair installation" for Office or simply uninstall and then run the installer again.

To repair a Office 365 installation on Windows 10, go to the Settings app, open the "Apps & features" panel, select the "Microsoft Office 365..." item and press the "Modify" button (the system will prompt for elevation). In the panel that comes up, select "Quick Repair" and continue the process. After that, it is recommended to restart the system and check if scrolling the Word document is again available.
Nuno Gomes
HansM

Post by HansM »

Problem solved! Thanks for the support.