Driver 10.6.6 browser problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

balam

Driver 10.6.6 browser problem

Post by balam »

I have a SpaceMouse Enterpriseon with Windows 10 64 bit system.
In addition to 3D drawing programs, like AutoCAD and 3ds Max, I am used to scroll with SpaceMouse in programs like Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, or internet browsers.
Yesterday I have installed the new driver, 10.6.6, and after that, scrolling stopped on internet browsers, windows explorer, outlook and PowerPoint. However, I have no problem with the rest.
Any idea about how to solve this problem?
I have cleaned the previous configurations, but it didn't work out.
I was using driver version 10.6.4 before, but I had to upgrade to the last one to make it work with the latest 3ds Max version.
One last thing, I can use the SpaceMouse with Photoshop and Acrobat, but I like to able at least to zoom in and pan in other Adobe programs, like Illustrator or Animate. Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks in advance.
luping

Re: Driver 10.6.6 browser problem

Post by luping »

There will be a minor version update in the next few hours or days to fix the broken keyboard emulation issue/bug, keep tuned or check out the driver download page periodically.
luping

Post by luping »

By the way, full discourse, I'm also an end user, not an employee of 3Dconnexion.
balam

Post by balam »

I did what ngomes suggested in "3DxWare v10.6.6 problem with Firefox 75.0 64bit" topic.
If you have 10.6.6 installed and wish to continue to use it, you can do so. To recover the keyboard emulation, open the "Device Manager" and you will find a "unknown device" with the hardware ID "{FDDD50EC-FBF4-4507-97B6-5F56D7548692}\HID_DEVICE". Update the driver for this device to the files found in the directory in the "Drivers > 3DxKMJ > Win64" sub-directory of the software installation (normally C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64"). You will then need to "Stop 3DWare" and "Start 3DxWare" again or simply reboot.
It worked for most of the programs, except Google Chrome and PowerPoint. Actually the button functions worked but the scrolling is still not working for those two programs.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.6.7 was published today with the fix for WIN-650. You may download it from here.