SpaceExplorer stuck on "FWxMainFrameEnvironment" - Won't cycle through Environments

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

JonathanCrilly

SpaceExplorer stuck on "FWxMainFrameEnvironment" - Won't cycle through Environments

Post by JonathanCrilly »

I have recently started working from home part time. I connect to my work desktop through a Remote Connection and to make my SpaceExplorer (3DConnexion) work I run it through a USB Redirector program.

When I am at home, the only Environment available to map the 3D Mouse buttons is "FWxMainFrameEnvironment". That's fine, I assume it's because of the setup. Unfortunately, when I come back to the work computer this doesn't change. It no longer cycles through Sketch / Part / Assembly etc. It is stuck on "FWxMainFrameEnvironment". I have tried to restart the driver; there is no update to the drivers as this is now an unsupported device.

I would also like to try to avoid a situation where I have to remap all the buttons every time I switch locations. (Mon, Fri at work - Tues-Thurs at home)
Any help would be appreciated
Attachments
Inventor Environments.png
Inventor Environments.png (51.64 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
UtaSH

Re: SpaceExplorer stuck on "FWxMainFrameEnvironment" - Won't cycle through Environments

Post by UtaSH »

Hi JonathanCrilly,

the navigation for Inventor is native to the application, but the Add-In is necessary for the buttons to function properly. Can you please check if the plugin is installed and loaded?

The Add-In can be found by opening a file and selecting the Add-Ins button found on the Environments tab in the ribbon. You should see an entry "3DxInventor" and the load behavior has to be set to "Automatic/Loaded".