3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Jennypare

3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception

Post by Jennypare »

Hello, I am seeing the following message after installing a Wireless Spacemouse on several windows 10 machines. Installed today from web site-3DxWare64_v10-6-5_r3156.exe

it begins Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {A4231B76-79DD-4E1E-94EB-5684D74768E6} failed due to the following error:
SpaceMouse.PNG
SpaceMouse.PNG (31.95 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
See attached. I have installed both a wired and wireless mouse on 2 different windows 10 machines and installed the wireless on my machine to test with. Users are not local admins on machines, I am running Windows 10 SP 1909- build 18363.778
I have run the diags as suggested by another post- I do not see any service that is tied to the 3d mouse running (what is the name?)
I cannot upload the zip file- shows as too large.

thank you for your support.
UtaSH

Re: 3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Jennypare,

I assume that the antivirus software on your machine is blocking one of the programs from 3Dconnexion.
Please add an exception in your antivirus software for "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWincore64\3DxProfileServer.exe". Then the error should disappear.

If this doesn't help please contact our Technical Support Team.
Jennypare

Re: 3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception

Post by Jennypare »

UtaSH thank you for your advice. I have added the path you sent as a trusted program in Trend Micro and the error has stopped. Much appreciated!