No settings menu

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

grimlock

No settings menu

Post by grimlock »

Just installed the 10.6.5 driver pack for Windows 10, 64 bit and I can't access the settings menu. The mouse works in Fusion 360 and Chrome, but the buttons are dead. The 3D Connextion Home menu opens and everything but the Settings button behaves as normal. So I can't change any of the axes, sensitivity or button configs. I occasionally get an error from 3DxSmartUi, that I've attached. I've tried a reinstall-->repair of the driver kit and a couple reboots, with no luck.

Anybody seen this before?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (27.23 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
UtaSH

Re: No settings menu

Post by UtaSH »

Hi grimlock,

see if this FAQ can help you to solve the problem. Just replace 3DxNumpad with 3DxSmartUI. ;)
grimlock

Post by grimlock »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:49 am Hi grimlock,

see if this FAQ can help you to solve the problem. Just replace 3DxNumpad with 3DxSmartUI. ;)
Tried that. user.config was in a slightly different path, C:\Users\nickk\AppData\Local\3Dconnexion\3DxHome.exe_Url_y4cyomvwqdnfbxaawxevql2x4ot4ry5d\1.1.7340.30862. It didn't fix the problem, but it gave us new symptoms!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (52.8 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi grimlock,

I assume that the antivirus software on your machine is blocking one of the programs from 3Dconnexion.
Please add an exception in your antivirus software for "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWincore64\3DxProfileServer.exe". Then the error should disappear.

If this doesn't help please contact our Technical Support Team.