Inventor environments wont change in 3dx properties

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

johnb440

Inventor environments wont change in 3dx properties

Post by johnb440 »

HI all.
I have just updated my driver to the latest at work. But now all the settings I had applied to the buttons on my spacepilot pro have gone. No major dilema I thought as I can reassign them.
The isuue is that the 3dconnexion properties box only recognises one environment within Inventor "FWxMainFrameEnvironment".

Please can someone tell me what I can do to apply my custom settings to the buttons in each inventor environment (part, assembly, sketch etc)

Thanks
jwick

Re: Inventor environments wont change in 3dx properties

Post by jwick »

You are back on the work machine, or still at home?

Re: the home machine: the SPP consumes a fair amount of power. I haven't heard about it in years, but it is possible the home machine either doesn't supply enough power (try a powered hub), or it detects that it is using more power than it is expecting and has shutdown the USB port.

If, by chance, you are going back and forth between 3DxWare versions, your saved cfgs may be incompatible (a recent version change).
Try stopping the driver (Start Menu) and deleting your saved user files in %appdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg, and in %localappdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare (type those %...% names into explorer, exactly as is). Then restart the driver.