Silent MSI Installation 10.6.5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jochenb

Silent MSI Installation 10.6.5

Post by jochenb »

Hi all,

because we had some trouble with ISS-Method and Deployment Software (Answers in ISS doesnt fit ->execution was aborted) we changed to MSI Installation wich is working well.

But I am not sure what basic components must be installed. Currently I install
  • 3DWinCore
  • Product PlugIns like Solidworks, AutoCAD, ...
But What about
  • LADPinst.msi
  • 3DxLcdApplets64.msi
  • 3DxNLServer.msi
I dont want to install unnecessary products but I a not shure what basic products are mandatory.
The current installation works, but the correct 3DxWare Version is not shown.
2020-03-10 09_14_01.jpg
2020-03-10 09_14_01.jpg (37.65 KiB) Viewed 4330 times
So again: What beside the Product-PlugIn modules must be installed?

Would also be great to share that info in the silent.txt file.

Thank you
Best
Jochen
ngomes

Re: Silent MSI Installation 10.6.5

Post by ngomes »

hi jochenb ,
jochenb wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:41 am But What about
  • LADPinst.msi
  • 3DxLcdApplets64.msi
  • 3DxNLServer.msi
LADPinst.msi is the installation package of the "Logitech Auxiliary Device Protocol" (LADP) software. It includes "LCDMon.exe" and is used to support the display of the SpacePilot Pro (SPP).
3DxLcdApplets64.msi is a set of applications that use LADP to display data from Microsoft Outlook and other application in the SPP display.
3DxNLServer.msi is 3Dconnexion's "Navigation Library Server", a daemon that provides an interface between web programs (such as PTC Onshape) and the local driver.

Just last week, 3Dconnexion published a "beta" build of our new installation software for Windows. It is based on a new engine and silent installations are expected to be straightforward. If you wish to have a look, the new software is available just below the official release here). The release notes PDF has a link to an online survey to evaluate the software.

Run the installer with the "/help" command-line option to see how to control the installer.
Nuno Gomes