3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse not working with Solidworks in Windows 10

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

daggius

3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse not working with Solidworks in Windows 10

Post by daggius »

New windows 10 machine at work. Mouse works with NX, chrome, everything else, etc. Wont work with Solidworks, any version 2017, 2018, 2019 you name it. SpaceNavigator app also seems to say that it is using DezignWorks for Solidworks in stead of Solidworks. So i deleted the DezignWorks file from the Cfg folder so it recognizes Solidworks. Still no luck. Also tried uninstall, reinstalling 3dconnex software. Updating drivers. Reboots. Out of ideas

3Dconnexion 3DX-700028 SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse
UtaSH

Re: 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse not working with Solidworks in Windows 10

Post by UtaSH »

Hi daggius,

which driver version are you using? You can see the version from the 3Dconnexion properties window if you click to "More" and then "About".

Did you make a full installation of the driver or did you unselect any modules(e.g. "3Dconnexion Add-in for SolidWorks")?

Did you install the 3Dconnexion driver after you installed SolidWorks?
pdschell

Re: 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse not working with Solidworks in Windows 10

Post by pdschell »

I had a similar problem with my spacemouse and I posted the solution that worked for my on this forum:
https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/242341
montague1

Post by montague1 »

When I was still using Solidworks 2016, I encountered this issue with my wireless space mouse and Windows 10. Instead of using the driver for the wired space mouse, I used the driver for the wired space mouse and had no difficulties. So, instead of using a driver for a comparable product, I believe my advice would be to use a driver for a similar product. It's possible that it'll work for you as well...cookie clicker :D :D :o
bidace

Post by bidace »

By 2023, many new versions with very beautiful models will be released. Practice working in the cookie clicker factory to create delicious cookies.