SpaceMouse Pro - doesn't work at all with Adobe / anything else beside demo app

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mike8610

SpaceMouse Pro - doesn't work at all with Adobe / anything else beside demo app

Post by mike8610 »

So I've bought as I've thought that it would as any other competitors product.

You could scroll v/h and zoom.

Now I am having huge issues with making this thing work with anything else than a demo app.

The only functionality that sometimes work is a scroll vertically.

In PS nothing is working, Illustrator same.

Even google maps does nothing else than zooming.

I understand that at some point this did worked with PS but actually company is lying for few years now saying that number of software is supported (in reality most of that was supported years ago).

I am using newest driver.

Am I right and should I return this thing or is there maybe other driver / software that allows to use it as any other mouse would work (that can at least scroll V/H).

I am not into 3D that much, my 99% is C# development, 0.1% Illustrator, 0.2% Photoshop, 0.3% After Effects, 0.2% Premier Pro,
mhoopes

Re: SpaceMouse Pro - doesn't work at all with Adobe / anything else beside demo app

Post by mhoopes »

The 3D mouse only works in Windows 10 Adobe Acrobat DC if "Run in Appcontainer" is disabled:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38278

It works for me in Photoshop v12.1 x64 (CS 5.1) and Google Earth Pro. I can't speak for newer versions of Photoshop. Mine has a plug-in here:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\3DConnexion\3DxPhotoshopCS5.8li

In Illustrator and Google Maps (in Chrome), it only emulates the mouse wheel. Ctrl+Wheel or tilt will pan left/right in Illustrator, though the UX for only the vertical 1-axis mouse wheel is not what we have in mind when we use a 3D/6-axis controller.

I think the 3Dconnexion devices should also emulate the left/right scroll wheel operation.
Michael Hoopes
UtaSH

Re: SpaceMouse Pro - doesn't work at all with Adobe / anything else beside demo app

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mike8610,

you can find a list of supported applications for the SpaceMouse here. Unfortunately most of the applications that you listed do not have support for the SpaceMouse. :(