3dsmax2019 cameramode switch randomly to target mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

infarq

3dsmax2019 cameramode switch randomly to target mode

Post by infarq »

hi

without any interaction beyond using the spacemouse wireless and typical 3ds max stuff...

randonly im moving and setting up cameras and it changes:
a from camera mode (it pans aound the camera)
b to target mode (it pans with center on the target)

it happens really often and its becoming annoying cause i have to open the menu again and change it every 5 minutes

any idea??? thanks !!!!
UtaSH

Re: 3dsmax2019 cameramode switch randomly to target mode

Post by UtaSH »

Hi infarq,

we are tracking the issue with our internal bug number WIN-620. See here. This will be fixed in the next driver release.
infarq

Post by infarq »

thank you, any estimated deadline?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi infarq,
infarq wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:51 am thank you, any estimated deadline?
We expect to deliver the fix for WIN-620 in version 10.6.6 of 3DxWare 10 for Windows by mid-April.
Nuno Gomes
infarq

Post by infarq »

thank you, we are lookinmg forward to fix this issue
infarq

Post by infarq »

sorry, but i cannot understand how the camera movement sucks so much as now
it was great in 3dsmax 2015 and suddenly, vamera movements doesnt depend on the target distance of the camera and its a nightmare to move camera inside a building

and 5 minutes near of throwing the 3d mouse to the trash

really pissed of---
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi infarq ,
infarq wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:32 am it was great in 3dsmax 2015 and suddenly, vamera movements doesnt depend on the target distance of the camera and its a nightmare to move camera inside a building
If you're still on 3ds Max version 2015, perhaps you can revert to using version 10.6.0 of 3DxWare (available from the "archive" section of the download page) whilst we work through the issues with navigation in the newer drivers.
infarq

Post by infarq »

i do really appreciate you are working on the new release, unfortunately we have moved the whole workflow for 10 people using 3dconexxion space mouses to m2019, vray next... there isnt a way back to 2015 now
i do have good skills for maxscript, i do offer myself for beta testing or whatever you guys need...

in the meantime, i do not complain really often but we work with VFX for architecture and moving cameras with the 3d mouse was key... now a nightmare

SPEED ABSOLUTE (MAX 2019 SUCKS...) VS SPEED RELATIVE TO DISTANCE TO TARGET ON CAMERA (2015 LOVED IT!!!!)
when you have a camera selected, the movement adapts the speed of a scale depending on the distance to the target... now its fixed even whether i have selected a huge scene or a tiny object in an interior

SWIFT CAMERA - TARGET MODE (max 2019 sucks)
random, only you can keep it if you dont switch to maximize view in the viewport

please, just revert to the old drivers... autodesk is not updating any code inside since max 2010.... just make up....

even more... can you just give us a old driver for 3dsmax even when the 3d connexion mouse only works for 3ds max.... most of the people here wouldnt claiming for the mouse not working in photoshop
infarq

Post by infarq »

ok, got a go around... just to minimize the wasted time

keep the advanced settings of 3dconnexion dialog open, dont close it and keep it near you layout

not a solution... at least until a new driver is released we waste less time openning and closing dialogs
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

infarq wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:47 am keep the advanced settings of 3dconnexion dialog open, dont close it and keep it near you layout
Sorry, infarq, but we cannot follow what you are reporting. Why do you need to keep the "Advanced Settings" open? Do you need to constantly change a specific setting?
infarq

Post by infarq »

kidding??? is this a joke???!

please, read above...

your driver randomly is shifting in the navigation mode between target camera and camera mode

and since im working with a 3d camera in 3dsmax i have to:
1 go back to open the settings
2 open de advanced settings
3 click again in Camera mode
4 close
5 close

and 5 minutes later the same sh.... my 3d camera navigation out of he blue is back to target camera navigation

please, before answering, take your time of my comments above

thank you
infarq

Post by infarq »

so, i prefer to keep the advanced settings open i watch the witchcraft og the invisible man shifting back to target camera mode
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

infarq wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am your driver randomly is shifting in the navigation mode between target camera and camera mode
The "shift between navigation modes" is WIN-620 and a fix is included in the release expected next week.
infarq wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am kidding??? is this a joke???!
You seem to be reporting several issues and it was not clear to us what you were referring to. I understand the issues are only too obvious to you but please note that all we have is what's written above.

This is not a joke nor do we seek to disrespect anyone on this Forum.
infarq

Post by infarq »

ok, let me describe it as easy as possible

3dsmax2019 + spacemouse wireless + latest driver 10.6.5
i have a scene with camera view
i check in navigation mode : ON camera mode

after using the 3d mouse moving the camera with the pivot point in the camera, without any interaction:

navigation mode : ON target mode (this is happening randomly every 2-5 minutes of usage... it shifts to this other navigation mode without clicking in that mode)

this is really odd and is making us wasting a lot ot time to go back to the camera navigation mode every 2-5 minutes when the driver changes itself to target camera mode

this issue is reported here and in this link from other users:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... ode#p75548
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... ode#p75244
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... e&start=15
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

infarq wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:37 am ok, let me describe it as easy as possible
This appears to be the WIN-620 issue. We believe to have it fixed in the 10.6.6 release and we're now seeking to have it verified.

I just wanted to make sure there there was nothing else we were missing.

I'm sorry for causing further confusion rather than helping to clear it up.