SpaceExplorer not working after driver upgrade...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pcushion141

SpaceExplorer not working after driver upgrade...

Post by pcushion141 »

Hello All, I hope this discussion finds everyone in good health.

I have a discontinued SpaceExplorer and i upgraded the driver to the newest version.
Unfortunately, it does not support my device, which i didn't know until it was too late.
So, needless to say, it stopped working.

The steps I have taken are;
* Uninstalled the updated driver - reboot
* Find and install older driver that supports my device - reboot
* Startup SolidWorks to test - works for a few moments, but stops
* Plugged in a SpaceNavigator for Notebooks - Same issue, works for a moment but stops.

I have repeated the above a couple times (I know - futility) with the same results.

We recently restarted using McAfee and I was wondering if that could be blocking the driver from operating properly.
Our IT department is limited in resources so I am asking here before I go to them with a proposal.

I am also not in the position to buy a new device.
Budget cutbacks company wide prevent that and I do not have the justification for it.

I am using a Lenovo P71 running Windows-10 Enterprise Version 1809 on an INTEL Xeon Processor.

Helpful opinions/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank You and Kind Regards,
Paul Cushion
Sr. CAD Designer
MACOM
Windows-7-64 bit.... 3Dconnexion SpaceExplorer USB ... SolidWorks 2012-SP5.0 ... AutoCAD-LT 2013... Altium 2010
UtaSH

Re: SpaceExplorer not working after driver upgrade...

Post by UtaSH »

Hello pcushion141,

the last available driver that provides core functionality is 3DxWare 10.6.4. You can download it from our driver archive .

We are not aware that McAfee is blocking our driver software, but you should find hints in the log file of the antivirus software.

You can as well contact our Technical Support Team and see if they can assist you with this.