Space Mouse Pro not working on Solid Edge ST6 64 bit

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

lacazet2k

Space Mouse Pro not working on Solid Edge ST6 64 bit

Post by lacazet2k »

I installed Solid Edge ST6 64 bit on my machine recently and my Space Mouse Pro is not working. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both programs several times and cleaned the registry etc. I have another machine identical to my that does work and noticed some thing in the registry. On the working machine, in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER, under the 3DxWare/Applications folder there is a EDGE.EXE entry. On my machine that does not work, the EDGE.EXE entry is not there. I believe this could be the cause of my problems, but I'm not sure how to get that entry into my machine. Uninstalling/reinstalling does not work. I believe this is also why there is no Solid Edge option in the application pull down in the Space Mouse Driver.

To clarify, the drive basically works, but not for Solid Edge ST6 64 bit in my machine. To really have an apples to apple comparison, I plan to install ST6 64 bit on the working machine and see what happens. If it still works, I know the problem is definitely my machine. If it fails, the problem could be with the Space Mouse driver.
tks
luping

Re: Space Mouse Pro not working on Solid Edge ST6 64 bit

Post by luping »

SolidEdge ST6 is supported by 3DxWare v10.6.5, yet there are some caveats, read the sereadme.txt in the 3DxWare deriver folder:C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare.
UtaSH

Re: Space Mouse Pro not working on Solid Edge ST6 64 bit

Post by UtaSH »

Hi lacazet2k,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. The colleagues can do a proper troubleshooting with you.