Cannot uninstall old 3dConnexion software

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gameburg

Cannot uninstall old 3dConnexion software

Post by gameburg »

Hi

Going crazy, I cannot remove the old version of 3dConnexion software and I need to do that to be able to install latest 3DxWare64v10-6-5_r3156.
The old version doesn't work (win10) and when trying to uninstall I only get a warning box with a message (Rundll in the upper left corner) that says something like "cannot startup c:\program -specified module cannot be found"

Please help!

BR
Gameburg
UtaSH

Re: Cannot uninstall old 3dConnexion software

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Gameburg,

the best way to help you is if you contact our Technical Support Team. The will ask you to generate a log file of the (failing) installation and can then escalate your problem to the next level of expertise in case they don't have a solution.
steve20

Re: Cannot uninstall old 3dConnexion software

Post by steve20 »

It is multiple installation bugs. I had the same issue attempting to update 10.4.

1. The path name given to Rundll32.exe contains a space and is not encapsulated in quotes; resulting in the incomplete C:\Program.
2. The compressed installer extracts the setup files to the current user's temp directory resulting in failure to locate the layout.bin if the temp directory was cleared.

Remedy:

1. To get Windows to execute the installer open regedit.exe and navigate to:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BAFCA6AC-8B37-405B-B57E-C1D45DE70ACC}
2. Change the following key "UninstallString" from:

RunDLL32 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\09\01\Intel32\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{BAFCA6AC-8B37-405B-B57E-C1D45DE70ACC}\setup.exe" -l0x9  -removeall
To:

RunDLL32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\09\01\Intel32\ctor.dll",LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{BAFCA6AC-8B37-405B-B57E-C1D45DE70ACC}\setup.exe" -l0x9  -removeall
You will need to close the Uninstall Control Panel and reopen to read the new registry values.

:arrow: Once the installer is running, if it is unable to locate the layout.bin then use 7-Zip to extract the .EXE from the downloaded setup.exe for your installed version. Open the extracted .EXE in 7-Zip and extract all of the contents to a folder. Run the setup.exe in that folder and choose to uninstall the software.

Now you can install the new version.