CadMouse Pro Wireless isn't charging and other problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

andrew.sienkiewicz

CadMouse Pro Wireless isn't charging and other problems

Post by andrew.sienkiewicz »

Well, there are many problems with this mouse. I'm using it for more than the month now. I've installed current drivers always - now it's 10.6.4.
The list of problems:

1. It stopped charging.
- BT connection, external USB charger plugged in - it shows that it's charging, but when unplugged from the USB cord - it shows 1% or dies at once.
- Universal Receiver connection, external USB charger plugged in - it shows full power (not charging, just full power), but dies at once without cable.
- USB connection - it shows that it's charging, but when unplugged from the USB cord - it dies at once.
Please note, that it shows different things depending on the connection interface.

2. Slow, jerky or lagging mouse cursor - when with Universal Receiver. It's unusable. Fortunately, it works very well with BT (and USB).
3. Similar to above - scrolls extremely slowly with the wheel under UR connection. It scrolls well under BT and USB.

4. On/Off switch doesn't work. I know, it's strange. The mouse is always On. Switching the on/off lever simply does nothing.

5. The rubber finish on the right side got unglued and sticks out. I glued it back with instant glue, but I mention it to show that 3DConnection has quality problems with this product, as I have also 3D Mouse for years now and this one works very nice.
luping

Re: CadMouse Pro Wireless isn't charging and other problems

Post by luping »

It's a dud, replace. Start a support ticket.
andrew.sienkiewicz

Re: CadMouse Pro Wireless isn't charging and other problems

Post by andrew.sienkiewicz »

Well, yes. 3Dconnexion decided to replace the device. Waiting...
They had a similar charging problem with SpaceMouse and firmware update worked. But no new firmware for CadMouse. So, replacement it is.