3ds max 2020 Navigation Mode is broken

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

thad

Re: 3ds max 2020 Navigation Mode is broken

Post by thad »

The 3Dconnexion company is now independent again, split with the more financially affluent Swiss Logitech company, that means 3Dconnexion relies on itself in terms of financial sustainability. The 3D mouse and cadmouse hardware sales doesn't fare well for such a small company, may be due to high price for such computer peripheral devices compared to commodity computer peripheral devices market, which are designed for professional CAx/GIS/CG professional niche market. I hope they can lower the price to increase the sales volume to make more revenue, or come up with new business model like yearly driver update/maintenance subscription contract to make a dime.
The few people I introduced the 3d mouse to love it and made it a requirement for them, most people dont even know this product exists.

To me this is a marketing failure issue.
clearskystudio

Post by clearskystudio »

New BETA installation UI survey release?
Seriously?
How is that more important than major functionality issues in several packages in 10.6.5?
I realize this group of customers might be a minority, but does this really so much irrelevant to you?
Why even bother creating drivers for 3ds max and SketchUp then? Just cancel it out and let everyone interested know that there's nothing to improve their workflow with other than messing with endless bugs and config files collapses.
I really hope that higher management is aware of what is actually happening here. I refuse to believe that it's all intentional.
Well, if there's any management at all out there...
luping

Post by luping »

clearskystudio wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:48 am New BETA installation UI survey release?
Seriously?
How is that more important than major functionality issues in several packages in 10.6.5?
I realize this group of customers might be a minority, but does this really so much irrelevant to you?
Why even bother creating drivers for 3ds max and SketchUp then? Just cancel it out and let everyone interested know that there's nothing to improve their workflow with other than messing with endless bugs and config files collapses.
I really hope that higher management is aware of what is actually happening here. I refuse to believe that it's all intentional.
Well, if there's any management at all out there...
Try the newly released v10.6.7,and tell the testing result.