Change primary Keys

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fragmon

Change primary Keys

Post by fragmon »

Dear Community,

does anyone know how i can change the primary keys.

I bought the left hand mouse to relax my hand. Because my old mouse i use the standard settings.
Leftclick with middlefinger
rightclick with index finger

The left handed mouse have the revert settings for lefthand. For me its hard to change, because i must use mouse with standardsettings too.

How can i change the keys to

rightkey --> rightklick
middlekey --> leftklick
leftkey --> any

I use the primarykey change function on windows. But when i activate the change, the mouse dont save the middlekey setup. I change that to leftklick to, but they dont save. Without the windows change there will be saved.

Its a bug? How can i use the change function on windows and reset the middlekey to leftkey
CadArt

Re: Change primary Keys

Post by CadArt »

Hi did you find a solution?
CadArt

Post by CadArt »

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I can not use this mouse without the option to swap middle mouse with one of the two other buttons.

I really want to work with this mouse. I like the design and build quality.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Try looking in the "Buttons" panel for your CadMouse in "3Dconnexon Properties".

There is an option to swap the buttons but perhaps is not exactly what you're looking. Still, it's probably worth giving it a quick try.
CadArt

Post by CadArt »

Thx you for the reply. I tried to swap the like you said. The right button is then swapped with the left button. Not what I want. I would like to swap right button to middle button, middle button to left button, left button to right button. Is there a file where I can edit the code to achieve this?

Thank you
jwick

Post by jwick »

This is unsupported but will probably work for you. It will change the assignment on all 2D 3Dx mice. It may be 3DxWare version dependent. Install the latest.

There will be some applications where it will not work. Let me know what you find.

Add the following Device element inside the <Devices> container in %appdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\Global.xml.
I hope I got this the way you want. The names RIGHT, LEFT are very confusing. For the CadMouse Wireless Left, the button to your left is what Windows refers to as the "Right" button, and we refer here as V2DK_RIGHT. Very confusing when editing the XML. The GUI uses pictures to eliminate the confusion.

Code: Select all

<Device>
      <ID>ID_Standard_2D_Mouse</ID>
      <Name>Standard 2D Mouse</Name>
      <ButtonBank Default="true">
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Name>STR_DEFAULT_BUTTONBANK</Name>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>V2DK_LEFT</ActionID>    <!-- this is the Primary button, for selection.  It is on the left of most mice but is on the Right side of a left-hand device -->
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Middle</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>V2DK_RIGHT</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Right</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>V2DK_MIDDLE</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Left</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
      </ButtonBank>
    </Device>
If you have made changes in the GUI, you probably already have a <Devices> container.
If you have a Device section for your specific 2D mouse (CadMouse Pro Wireless Left) that remaps these buttons, remove those Button elements.
You'll also have to undo any OS level swapping you may have been experimenting with.