Maya 2020

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

omerkunul

Re: Maya 2020

Post by omerkunul »

UtaSH wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:23 am Hi all,

we released a new driver version yesterday - 3DxWare 10.6.6. have you already tried this one? Do you see an improvement?
Hi everyone,

10.6.6 driver maya bug it's ok. But buttons hotkeys & macros not working.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we are aware that there is a problem with the modifier keys in 3DxWare 10.6.6. We are tracking this issue with our internal bug number WIN-650. A fix will be available in our next driver release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
TomKoe

Post by TomKoe »

Thanks. But good job on fixing the flickering, crashing and disappearing objects bugs! I have not seen an issue there yet. But i am not using my Space Pilot too often, now. Because of the buttons bug.
Cheers!
RLE72

Post by RLE72 »

Hi everyone,

I just received today a space mouse pro, and I was so happy.... until I discovered that any keyboard-related shortcut doesn't work either.

I'm using an AZERTY Keyboard, with a french/france mapping.

Many thanks for addressing this issue at the next update :shock: ... coming soon ?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (61 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
omerkunul

Post by omerkunul »

TomKoe wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 am Thanks. But good job on fixing the flickering, crashing and disappearing objects bugs! I have not seen an issue there yet. But i am not using my Space Pilot too often, now. Because of the buttons bug.
Cheers!
hi TomKoe,

I had the same problem. (buttons bug)
solution is > open the lastest driver ver. 3DxWare64_v10-5-15.exe package > 7-zip app (https://www.7-zip.org/)
and open inside 3DxWare64.exe > subfolder components64 > 3DxWinCore > 3DxWinCore64.msi install

:!: If you get an error just because the new version is installed > Likewise, you can get into the version 10.6.6 package with 7-zip and uninstall 3DxWincore. (current version). Then you can install the old version wincore.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi RLE72,

I have a better workaround than using an old driver.
Workaround for the keyboard emulation problem with 3DxWare 10.6.6
  1. Open the Device Manager. Note that you need administrator privileges to do the following.
  2. You will not have an entry under “Human Interface Devices” named “3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator”.
    Instead you will find an entry “Other devices -> Unknown device” with a little yellow exclamation mark.
  3. Right click this entry and select “Update driver”.
  4. Next click to “Browse my computer for driver software”.
  5. Navigate to the path “C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\Drivers\3DxKMJ”.
  6. Confirm with “Next”.
  7. Reboot your machine.
TomKoe

Post by TomKoe »

omerkunul wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:13 pm I had the same problem. (buttons bug)
solution is > open the lastest driver ver. 3DxWare64_v10-5-15.exe package > 7-zip app (https://www.7-zip.org/)
and open inside 3DxWare64.exe > subfolder components64 > 3DxWinCore > 3DxWinCore64.msi install

:!: If you get an error just because the new version is installed > Likewise, you can get into the version 10.6.6 package with 7-zip and uninstall 3DxWincore. (current version). Then you can install the old version wincore.
Yay! Thank you @omerkunul! That worked. But i did then try the official and clean workaround by UtaSH:
UtaSH wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:47 am
  1. Open the Device Manager. Note that you need administrator privileges to do the following.
  2. You will not have an entry under “Human Interface Devices” named “3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator”.
    Instead you will find an entry “Other devices -> Unknown device” with a little yellow exclamation mark.
  3. Right click this entry and select “Update driver”.
  4. Next click to “Browse my computer for driver software”.
  5. Navigate to the path “C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\Drivers\3DxKMJ”.
  6. Confirm with “Next”.
  7. Reboot your machine.
and that also works fine.

Thank both of you! Cheers!
RLE72

Post by RLE72 »

Everything works fine!

Thanks you everyone!

Happy social-distancing-drawing !
tmcthree

Post by tmcthree »

not seeing 10.6.6 on the webite.
Latest is 10.6.5
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Yes, sorry. We removed 10.6.6 due to the problems with the keyboard emulation problem. We will provide a newer version very soon that has this issue fixed. :)
xbo

Post by xbo »

OK !
Now my turn again.

The last update work 90%% correct in MaYa.
Still some issues showing up.
Because the new driver now when I click to edit my display layer one day if goes to the really top of the screen you will never see your window display edit window again.

But now we have a huge problem than just MaYa.
After effects shows flickering as other users mentioned they have in MaYa.

Im experiencing a lot of problems using the latest drivers in many other apps.

Hope will see soon a new update, because the drivers are attacking also other Softwares which is not good at all.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi xbo,

I will contact you directly for some more details.
ep19ma

Post by ep19ma »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETO4c9AcKpM maya2019 crash
Driver Version 10.7.1
Braldye

Post by Braldye »

Crashes when merging vertices and other various operations that perform a similar function in Maya 2020. reverted to legacy drivers and Maya2019 to test and it work fine there. We may be needing to return a lot of these SpaceMouse devices if the issue still persists with in a 30 days of this post with no driver updates to resolve the issue. Its no big deal to us to not be using them but im lazy and dont want file a return for 14 of these lol.

Equipment: SpaceMouse Compact
Software: Maya 2020.1
Janoshx

Post by Janoshx »

Try edit the Maya.env file and add the line: MAYA_DISABLE_OPENCL=1

I have been having time to time same behavior that you are having and for me disabling opencl helped. I am not sure if it is "correct" fix but worth trying.

I always copy my old maya preferences and plugins to new maya version and i would not bee too surprised if that is the root cause. Maybe if i have some extra time i would go do clean install and install all my scripts one by one but it would be sooo tedious job...