Maya 2020

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Boban
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Boban » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:30 pm

UtaSH wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:28 am
Hi all,

on Feb 7th, we have released 3DxWare 10.6.5 with some changes to the Maya plugin. You can download this version here. Please install 10.6.5 and let us know if this version of 3DxMaya fixes your issues.

Thanks,
I installed the new driver the same day it came out, and it's completely broken, as it was. Not to mention the french installer.

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: Maya 2020

Post by UtaSH » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:58 am

Hi Boban,

what exactly is not working? Do you have problems to install the driver?
Make sure you stop Maya when installing the newer driver version.

Boban
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Boban » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:42 am

UtaSH wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:58 am
Hi Boban,

what exactly is not working? Do you have problems to install the driver?
Make sure you stop Maya when installing the newer driver version.

I had some trouble to install the driver since installation is in french, but I managed to do it and the driver itself is in English. Now to problems:

1. When opening the old scene some objects are missing as was the case with 10.6.4
2. All objects are flickering to white and back as simply softly touching the controller.
3. when left click to empty space in perspective window, the camera goes miles away from the scene and consequently everything is "gone" in a moment.

All this is happening with 10.6.4 and with 10.6.5 driver on a clean install, and with deleted any references from 3Dconnection from Regedit prior to installing the driver, on both 2018 and 2020 Maya, but magically everything works fine with 10.6.0 on both Mayas.

Boban
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Boban » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 am

UtaSH wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:58 am
Hi Boban,

what exactly is not working? Do you have problems to install the driver?
Make sure you stop Maya when installing the newer driver version.

and one more. Maya is hanging on exit, so I need to ctrl+alt+del, to kill its service to close it down, which again is the issue with the latest 2 installments of a driver and not previous. The latest 2 versions of a driver are serious game stoppers.

Boban
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Boban » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:51 am

Boban wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 am
UtaSH wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:58 am
Hi Boban,

what exactly is not working? Do you have problems to install the driver?
Make sure you stop Maya when installing the newer driver version.

and one more. Maya is hanging on exit, so I need to ctrl+alt+del, to kill its service to close it down, which again is the issue with the latest 2 installments of a driver and not previous. The latest 2 versions of a driver are serious game stoppers.

this is what I mean by flickering and it was posted on youtube by another user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vrmx8_1ElQ

aalsalihi
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:14 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by aalsalihi » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:05 am

Hi Boban,

Thanks for listing the issues, we could like you to provide a diagnostic tool and some other information in regards to the bugs you listed below. Please submit a technical case for further assistance in your issue here https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/tec ... mular.html

Regards,
Abdul. A

Boban
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Boban » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:30 am

aalsalihi wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:05 am
Hi Boban,

Thanks for listing the issues, we could like you to provide a diagnostic tool and some other information in regards to the bugs you listed below. Please submit a technical case for further assistance in your issue here https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/tec ... mular.html

Regards,
Abdul. A
I opened a ticket yestrday

Suryawanshi
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Suryawanshi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:28 am

Hi!
All the above issues are hapening with maya 2018.6 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 as well.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

It would be great if an updated driver for mac is released too.
Thank you.

sirpiltrafus
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:26 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by sirpiltrafus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:17 am

Hi,
I tried the last version 10.6.5 of the driver/plugin in maya 2020 and it seems to work fine.
Maya files open normally and all the geometry displays in the viewport as expected.
Maya also exits without problems with the plugin installed and loaded.

I'll keep testing but it looks good so far.
Thanks for looking into it.

Janoshx
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Janoshx » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:40 pm

after about weeks testing i haven´t found problems from 10.6.5 driver. No flickerig or maya crash/hang on exit. No missing objects.

omerkunul
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Maya 2020

Post by omerkunul » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:27 am

There are too many errors. Undo and the full failure of the scene geo. :oops:
Didn't you check the software developers while doing this update?

Boban
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by Boban » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:51 am

omerkunul wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:27 am
There are too many errors. Undo and the full failure of the scene geo. :oops:
Didn't you check the software developers while doing this update?
Yep too many errors to count them all.

Camera settings are changing themselves (near clip)
crash on merge vertex
crash on extrude edge
flickering of objects on slightest move of device
device moves are logged in Maya history, so undo needs to be pressed several times before actual last action is undone.
and more....

mbonk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:06 am

Re: Maya 2020

Post by mbonk » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:49 am

Boban wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 am
and one more. Maya is hanging on exit, so I need to ctrl+alt+del, to kill its service to close it down...
I can reproduce this on Windows 7.
What you need is the hotfix to KB 2582203, but I have no idea where to get it from.

tmcthree
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: 80

Re: Maya 2020

Post by tmcthree » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:33 am

I just installed 10.6.5 and now my space explorer won't work at all.

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: Maya 2020

Post by UtaSH » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:39 am

tmcthree wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:33 am
I just installed 10.6.5 and now my space explorer won't work at all.
Hi tmcthree,

yes, the SpaceExplorer is a legacy device. The last driver that fully supports the SpaceExplorer is 3DxWare 10.4.3 which you can get from our driver archive. The driver version that still recognizes the SpaceExplorer and still has core functionality is 3DxWare 10.6.4. (Available in the archive as well, but you have to select SpaceMouse Pro to list it.)

Post Reply