Is there any difference between...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cosmasad

Is there any difference between...

Post by cosmasad »

... the larger and more expensive Spacemice and the smaller, less expensive Compact model when it comes to navigating "flying" through a 3d model of architectural corridors and being able to look around? I am a set designer and want to be able to walk people through a set... and look around.

Apart from the fact that the larger, more expensive ones have buttons you can program, is there a difference when it comes to flying through a set?

Want to get people's opinion.

Thank you :shock:
jwick

Re: Is there any difference between...

Post by jwick »

The "cap" is currently the same on all devices.

Some of the differences are the stability of the device because of the larger base, and the LCD that tells you what the programmable buttons do, particularly if they change with the mode of the application.

Of course, there are more buttons for your use, and keyboard shortcut keys which are often very useful when one hand is on the 2D mouse and the other on the 3D mouse.

For customer walk throughs, I'd think the ability to save and restore specific views on the SpaceMouse Enterprise may be helpful. That feature is dependent on the application you are using.
cosmasad

Re: Is there any difference between...

Post by cosmasad »

Thank you. I really appreciate it.