Old Spacepilot button configuration

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

joel280986

Old Spacepilot button configuration

Post by joel280986 »

Hi

I have an old Spacepilot (fw3.12) which I am trying to run with Windows 10. I have the 10.4.9 driver which works fine apart from a couple of things

1. The driver keeps stopping after i go into panel, which means I have to restart the driver. This is annoying but I can deal with it
2. this is the real problem, I cant seem to customise the buttons they just come up with 1 = virtual numpad 2=2 3=3 4=4 5=5 6=6. When i try and change the buttons in the configuration it saves it but the button doesn't work and the display stays the same. I have attached screen shots to show this.
fusion config 1.jpg
fusion config 1.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
fusion pad.jpg
fusion pad.jpg (193.07 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
I know there is not support for this model anymore but I was hoping to see if anyone had found a solution to this

Cheers
Attachments
chrome pad.jpg
chrome pad.jpg (209.35 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
jwick

Re: Old Spacepilot button configuration

Post by jwick »

Could be a cfg format issue.
Make sure you don't try to mix in plugins/cfgs from a more recent version (e.g., the current version).

The driver's log file may say something about what is going wrong.
Turn it on with the 3Dx systray icon. The file is: %localappdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxService.log.

I'd save all the user cfgs off somewhere, and then delete them (%appdata%\3dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg. See if that resets it to the point that it starts working again.
luping

Re: Old Spacepilot button configuration

Post by luping »

I would suggest you invest on a newer model of 3Dconnexion devices like the SpaceMouse Pro or Enterprise to reap the benefit of productivity gain and repetetive strain injury risk reduced comfortable two-hand operation. As the 3DxWare driver updated periodically to support newer version of applications, there's definitely a need to buy a new 3Dconnexion device.