Mayor drop in Solidworks Graphic performance using SpaceMouse Pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

zazz

Mayor drop in Solidworks Graphic performance using SpaceMouse Pro

Post by zazz »

Hi,

My SpaceMouse Pro has been a headache as long as i have owned it. The ide is good but it has never worked as intended with Solidworks.

But some one may have solution for the most enjoying problem. I loose about 3/4 of the graphical performance while using the SpaceMouse Pro. But right-clicking on the icons solves the issue. What is going on and how to fix it?

I have tried to set "disable dynamic highlight on" on and off to no avail. I have tried the register hack mentioned here long time ago.

As you can see, im using the old small icons-list and i have notices that having the Sheet Metal icon list on the graphical area make it even worse. And closing ALL icon-list eliminates the performance issue completely... This issue started at 2018 SP0 and have continued till today 2020 sp0. I have tried to wipe the hard drive and installed all from scratch numerous times to no avail.

See video (I dont know how to embedd the video here so it is in external link.)

https://streamable.com/eich4
zazz

Re: Mayor drop in Solidworks Graphic performance using SpaceMouse Pro

Post by zazz »

I forgot to mention that spinning it with the middle mouse button it get 80-100% GPU utilization (P4000 Quadro) in the same setup.
BramP

Post by BramP »

Hi there all,

I have the same issue here! The problem is with activating the sheetmetal commandmanager, when is change to for example to 'sketch' and/or close flyout toolbar 'sheet metal' the problem is gone. Really a strange thing and hard to find the solution on the internet or people with the same problem. So I reply in the hope someone can pick this problem up and help us.

I'm using a 3Dspace mouse and a normal mous.
Berno

Post by Berno »

Hi there,

I have the same issue as well. Exactly as Zazz showed in the video. Have you guys found any fixes for this still?

Best regards
zazz

Post by zazz »

You see, They don't even bother to answer this thread. Sell the crap and use a good mouse instead... I have one with 16 buttons and it have taken over the Space mouse's tasks and there is no lag