Earth keeps spinning in Google Earth

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mygudrl

Earth keeps spinning in Google Earth

Post by mygudrl »

I am a Space Mouse compact user.
Run Google Earth [ Google Earth Pro 7.3.2.5776 (64-bit) ]
I checked the Tools> Options> Non-Mouse Controller> checkbox.

There is no problem when using the mouse.
Rotating with the mouse rotates with an inertial feel and stops,
Use the space mouse to keep the earth spinning.

I only want it to move when using the space mouse.

Is there a workaround for this phenomenon?
UtaSH

Re: Earth keeps spinning in Google Earth

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mygudrl,

have you tried if calibrating the device stops the continous spinning? You can calibrate it by right-clicking to the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray and the selecting “Calibrate”. You will be asked “not to touch the cap while LEDs are blinking”. Confirm and wait until the process is finished (just a few seconds). Another window will inform you that the calibration is finished.

In addition please verify with the 3Dconnexion viewer that the device is not drifting. See if you have the same behavior there. If yes the device might be faulty. Then please contact our Technical Support Team.

If you still have the problems in GE, but not in the viewer then you have to contact the support team for Google Earth. Google has implemented the support for our 3D mouse without making use of our SDK. They read the data from the device directly from the USB port. There is nothing we can do to change that implementation. You need to address this with Google directly. :|
mpaz

Post by mpaz »

I have the same problem.

Has anyone had a reply from Google?
DevoD

Post by DevoD »

My Google Earth Keeps Spinning too (and it is January 2023). Sometimes it works for a while and then it suddenly starts spinning the globe uncontrollably. Very frustrating :( I have to restart GE, and unplug my 3D Connexion Mouse. I would like to learn about any Fixes or Workarounds. I have tried to play around with GE Tools- Options, but so far nothing has worked.