LMB Failure on CadMouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ethanr

LMB Failure on CadMouse

Post by ethanr »

Hi,

I think I have LMB (Left Mouse Button) Failure on my CADmouse. It has started to randomly double-click 1 out 2-3 clicks :(
I've tried re-installing drivers; no change.

I've seen on other forums this is a known issue with the CADmouse. Is this true? Any fixes known? I do really like it - but not ready to shell out 100 for another one when this one should be fine :(

thanks
e
luping

Re: LMB Failure on CadMouse

Post by luping »

Hi, take a look at this post's replies.
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... =8&t=38595

You can buy some Omron D2FC-F-K(50M) switches from aliexpress/amazon/ebay, 3 or more, to replace the short-lived Omron D2FC-F-7N switches on your CadMouse PCB. Just pay attention to the soldering process, and be careful when try to lift the mouse skate pads/mouse feet. You can borrow or buy a soldering iron tool, some stannum alloy. It won't cost your a lot money, may be just under 10 US dollars.
luping

Post by luping »

luping wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:56 am Hi, take a look at this post's replies.
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... =8&t=38595

You can buy some Omron D2FC-F-K(50M) switches from aliexpress/amazon/ebay, 3 or more, to replace the short-lived Omron D2FC-F-7N switches on your CadMouse PCB. Just pay attention to the soldering process, and be careful when try to lift the mouse skate pads/mouse feet. You can borrow or buy a soldering iron tool, some stannum alloy. It won't cost your a lot money, may be just under 10 US dollars.
your-you, typo error.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

ethanr wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am Hi,

I think I have LMB (Left Mouse Button) Failure on my CADmouse. It has started to randomly double-click 1 out 2-3 clicks :(
I've tried re-installing drivers; no change.

I've seen on other forums this is a known issue with the CADmouse. Is this true? Any fixes known? I do really like it - but not ready to shell out 100 for another one when this one should be fine :(

thanks
e
Hi ethanr,

please contact our Technical Support Team. The team there will get you a replacement device. We have improved the quality of our products and the issue you are experiencing will not appear with the newer products. See here.