config.XML

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

josephmartin

config.XML

Post by josephmartin »

I asked Chad (Customer service guy) if the developers could create an config XML files Ineed for at least two space sims, he told me maybe one of you guys can do this, I want you to create for me at least two config.XML (****** and Reentry) in order to use my device as a TRANSLATIONAL HAND CONTROLLER (THC).
Xpadder recognize the 3dmouse flawlessly, but not the sims, since 3dconnexion changed the config.XML,I attach the config.XML files plus some pics showing the right settings. it will be good if 3dconnexion release a new driver/software for mapping the space navigator axis for games and sims, others controllers in the market have that feat. (please see attachments) THE POWER CORD SHOULD BE POINTING DOWN. Thanks
Phil999

Re: config.XML

Post by Phil999 »

creating custom sim/game profiles is most always a case of starting with the joystick template, testing, adding key commands, testing, and so forth. It is quite impossible to do it correctly the first time. Even more impossible for others who don't know the sim/game. Take a look at this advice at the end of the thread:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... ick#p73026

If that doesn't help, search the forum for 'jwick' posts, and generally posts in the inactive beta forum. I can help a bit, but my knowledge has become a bit rusty, I've forgotten most of it. And I'm not that young and enthusiastic as I used to be, so don't count on me too much. You will have to build some basic knowledge in xml editing, I'm afraid. Tip: install the free application Notepad++, it's a useful tool for xml editing. The good message is: it's not that difficult once you know the basics.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise
Phil999

Re: config.XML

Post by Phil999 »

3Dconnexion's xml's are human readable.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise