Drivers list - ambiguous convolution. (apologies if this is duplicate..the other post isn't appearing)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SpaceName

Drivers list - ambiguous convolution. (apologies if this is duplicate..the other post isn't appearing)

Post by SpaceName »

The drivers list allows for selecting older devices.. but how are the older devices defined ?
Are we supposed to just know ? This is part of the reason I don't buy the Enterprise model..the other reason is the lack of zBrush support.

Anyhow..
How are consumers expected to find their driver installer unless we know all past models ?
You provide no product-dates, no generation info, no images, nothing which to associate the driver packages. .. but you insist on re-using names for model generations. ..how that makes sense ..makes no sense to me.
Heck my 3d mouse doesn't even have a name stamped on it anywhere besides 3dConnexion. I know it is a space mouse compact variant..but which of the half dozen ?!

--
This is frustrating and should be simplified by better website design.
--
Anyhow..I have to install various packages until I find the right one..thanks for that.[sarcasm]
FYI: ..I planned to buy the enterprise model but the lack of zBrush support is stopping that.

'rather frustrated that I have to waste time on things that should be simple.
nwhisenton

Re: Drivers list - ambiguous convolution. (apologies if this is duplicate..the other post isn't appearing)

Post by nwhisenton »

Hi SpaceName,

When you go to download one of our new drivers, right above that it tells you what devices are currently supported.

For zBrush:

In order to use any application with 3Dconnexion devices, support would need to be added inside the application itself.
The majority of applications have added 3D device recognition inside their software and use only the basic device driver from 3Dconnexion.

Adding 3D device support to an application is determined by the application developer rather than by 3Dconnexion. 3Dconnexion has an SDK [Software Development Kit] available which any software developer of the application vendor can download at no cost and which allows the integration of 3D device support in any software.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/soft ... loper.html
We advise customers to contact the Customer Service of applications that are lacking support and request it be added in future versions of their software. The decision to include 3D support in their development schedule is often influenced by the level of customer interest.

- Nia
Attachments
2019-06-11_10h51_10.png
2019-06-11_10h51_10.png (15.73 KiB) Viewed 4354 times
nwhisenton

Re: Drivers list - ambiguous convolution. (apologies if this is duplicate..the other post isn't appearing)

Post by nwhisenton »

Hi SpaceName,

For finding out which SpaceMouse you have, depending on the driver version you have it'll tell you which one you have. [3dconnexion Home >> 3Dconnexion Properties >> More >> About] There should be a tag at the end of the cable that will have the PID, so we can identify it, as well.

Please let me know or send a picture so we can help you.

- Nia