Drivers list -> ambiguous convolution .. 3dConnexion, we're consumers, not employees that just know things.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SpaceName

Drivers list -> ambiguous convolution .. 3dConnexion, we're consumers, not employees that just know things.

Post by SpaceName »

The drivers list allows for selecting older devices.. but how are the older devices defined ?
Are we supposed to just know ? This is part of the reason I don't buy the Enterprise model..the other reason is the lack of zBrush support.

Anyhow..
How are consumers expected to find their driver installer unless we know all past models ?
You provide no product-dates, no generation info, no images, nothing which to associate the driver packages. .. but you insist on re-using names for model generations. ..how that makes sense ..makes no sense to me.
Heck my 3d mouse doesn't even have a name stamped on it anywhere besides 3dConnexion. I know it is a space mouse compact variant..but which of the half dozen ?!

--
This is frustrating and should be simplified by better website design.
--
Anyhow..I have to install various packages until I find the right one..thanks for that.[sarcasm]
FYI: ..I planned to buy the enterprise model but the lack of zBrush support is stopping that.

'rather frustrated that I have to waste time on things that should be simple.
philnolan3d

Re: Drivers list -> ambiguous convolution .. 3dConnexion, we're consumers, not employees that just know things.

Post by philnolan3d »

I believe the zbrush issue is Pixologic's fault, not 3DConnexion's. Both 3D-Coat and LightWave did not have support but they added it to their respective programs. Sculpting in 3D-Coat is one of the reasons I love having a Spacepilot.
Phil Nolan
3D Generalist
http://www.philnolan3d.com
Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM