Remove keyboard (kmj) emulation?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

eobet

Remove keyboard (kmj) emulation?

Post by eobet »

I'm done. How do I remove this crap?

This bloody things wrecks havoc with every god damn application that doesn't have explicit 3dconnexion support.

Screw it, I want it gone.
jwick

Re: Remove keyboard (kmj) emulation?

Post by jwick »

If you disable kb emulation completely none of the kb buttons on your device will work (if you have them) and no macros will work, even in 3D mouse-activated applications.

If you just want to remove the scrolling from the 3d controller cap, that's possible without also disabling the kb buttons.

There are other aspects users complain about on occasion, like the driver switching at all to non-3D apps.
The driver is very flexible for dealing with many of these issues. Even if the default behavior doesn't show it.

If you can you be more specific about some of the details, I'll try to help you.
eobet

Post by eobet »

jwick wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:23 amThe driver is very flexible for dealing with many of these issues. Even if the default behavior doesn't show it.

If you can you be more specific about some of the details, I'll try to help you.
Oh, come on. Don't bullshit. The driver has been crap for YEARS, and always bruted forced its way into any app that's not even 3D.

In my case I don't care about any buttons, I just the navigation, so if you have any method for disabling kmj emulation completely, please let me know.

Even more specific, I want it to work in precisely three applications: Solidworks, Alias, Blender. If I'm not in one of those applications, I want it to be as if the device didn't exist on my system at all.

Right now, I'm uninstalling the darn thing when I'm done using it, as not even pulling the usb cord does anything.
eobet

Post by eobet »

eobet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:35 am
jwick wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:23 amThe driver is very flexible for dealing with many of these issues. Even if the default behavior doesn't show it.

Oh, come on. Don't bullshit. The driver has been crap for YEARS, and always bruted forced its way into any app that's not even 3D.

In my case I don't care about any buttons, I just the navigation, so if you have any method for disabling kmj emulation completely, please let me know.

Even more specific, I want it to work in precisely four applications: Solidworks, 3D Studio Max, Alias, Blender. If I'm not in one of those applications, I want it to be as if the device didn't exist on my system at all.

Right now, I'm uninstalling the darn thing when I'm done using it, as not even pulling the usb cord does anything.
eobet

Post by eobet »

I'm too upset to even find the edit button in this forum! :evil: