Spacemouse as a joystick for City Car Driving.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

skan

Spacemouse as a joystick for City Car Driving.

Post by skan »

Has anybody got to use the SpaceMouse as a joystick with car simulators such as "City Car Driving" or "Euro Truck"?
I've tried by installing sx2vjoy and selecting vjoy on the game as input, this program detects when I move the buttons but the game doesn't work wit the Spacemouse.
I have also tried creating a Sarter.xml file with this section. (the executable is called Starer.exe)
<AppInfo>
<Signature>
<Name>STR_STARTER</Name>
<ExecutableName>Starter.exe</ExecutableName>
<Transport>KMJ</Transport>
</Signature>
<Options>
<IgnoreMouseWheelInertia>true</IgnoreMouseWheelInertia>
</Options>
</AppInfo>
but it doesn't work either. Neither does modifying WindowsShellExperience.xml and Explorer.xml.
jwick

Re: Spacemouse as a joystick for City Car Driving.

Post by jwick »

I don't know what sx2vjoy expects, but if you want the SpaceMouse to output joystick events, you have to tell the driver to do this.
See 3DxWinCore64/Cfg/JoystickTemplate.xml. Each 3D mouse axis is mapped to a 2D joystick axis.
skan

Post by skan »

jwick wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:32 am I don't know what sx2vjoy expects, but if you want the SpaceMouse to output joystick events, you have to tell the driver to do this.
See 3DxWinCore64/Cfg/JoystickTemplate.xml. Each 3D mouse axis is mapped to a 2D joystick axis.
How I force the SpaceMouse to use that profile for all programs?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Doing that for all apps is a little harsh.
You can put those assignments into the global cfg, or do a Grab in a game cfg.

If you want to use the 3D mouse in another programs, create a single "game/joystick" cfg and put all the ExecutableNames for your games in it. The driver will use that cfg for those programs but still switch to other cfgs as other applications come in focus.

BUT, why are you running our software? It looks to me (quick read of some FAQ on some forum linked to by the sx2vjoy GitHub page) that it reads our devices directly using a native API (that's the way I would do it). If that is the case, you don't need our software running. There is no point in having our driver convert to Joystick events, and also have sx2vjoy do the same conversion. I'd think they would get in each others way.

If you want to use the 3D mouse in 3Dx-supported apps AND with sx2vjoy that's a different story. You have to tell the driver when to get out of sx2vjoy's way.
skan

Post by skan »

jwick wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:38 am Doing that for all apps is a little harsh.
You can put those assignments into the global cfg, or do a Grab in a game cfg.

If you want to use the 3D mouse in another programs, create a single "game/joystick" cfg and put all the ExecutableNames for your games in it. The driver will use that cfg for those programs but still switch to other cfgs as other applications come in focus.

BUT, why are you running our software? It looks to me (quick read of some FAQ on some forum linked to by the sx2vjoy GitHub page) that it reads our devices directly using a native API (that's the way I would do it). If that is the case, you don't need our software running. There is no point in having our driver convert to Joystick events, and also have sx2vjoy do the same conversion. I'd think they would get in each others way.

If you want to use the 3D mouse in 3Dx-supported apps AND with sx2vjoy that's a different story. You have to tell the driver when to get out of sx2vjoy's way.

I have no idea. I read that was the proper way.

I want to use my SpaceMouse as a joystick with a car simulator.
How do I need to proceed then?
What name should my cfg file have?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Give me a ptr to the instructions you read. I'll try to figure out what they want.

While I'm doing that, if I were you, I'd uninstall 3DxWare and just run sx2vjoy and use their UI. It looks quite nice.