Old spacepilot pro problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

nashero

Old spacepilot pro problems

Post by nashero »

Hi Folks,

I've got a spacepilot pro and a space navigator both of which I purchased in 2010. I've been using spacenavigator since the space pilot was too huge to carry around, since the desktop was moved to storage a few years back and the space pilot pro has had a long vacation. I've now upgraded a new CAD work station and want to use the space pilot pro with the new one. The problem is that as soon as I connect the space pilot pro, it seems to work for a few minutes, then windows throws it out, and says that the USB device malfunctioned and is not recognized by windows 10. The windows 10 system is brand new, the s/w drivers for the spacepilot pro is 17.5.12. The same drivers run the spacenavigator without any hitch.

The question is if there is a firmware upgrade of the space pilot pro needed to make it work. It does not seem to have any issue on the face of it, everything with the mouse and functionality works, when it does! So can someone help me with resolving this issue. Perhaps help me with flashing the mouse?

Thank you very much.
N
nashero

Re: Old spacepilot pro problems

Post by nashero »

I realized that I'd the same issues in 2016 and they got fixed when I'd disabled powersave from USB. Now, I've already tried that, the computer does not have any powersave active on the USB ports. The errors I get are:

Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor Request Failed)

Device status
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
N
UtaSH

Re: Old spacepilot pro problems

Post by UtaSH »

Hi nashero,

sorry, but there is no firmware update available for the SpacePilot Pro. It seems that the long time not being used made the device non-functional. :(