changing what the mouse movement moves in the programm (fusion 360 and other cad)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

protorixx

changing what the mouse movement moves in the programm (fusion 360 and other cad)

Post by protorixx »

Hi there,
I have a 3d navigator mouse and I want it to behave in CAD software as it does in google earth.

Recently I´m using fusion 360 and I´m pretty close to what I want it to do, but there are two axis that I deactivated beacause I would need them to be changed.

I want turning the mouse left an right to turn the objekt (or the view) left an right but what it does: It panns left and right...

I deacivated those axles, because with them activated I get mad.

Any chance so change it? There is no chance to change it in the CAD software (Fusion), it must be in any config file.
Thanks
360.JPG
360.JPG (103.11 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
jwick

Re: changing what the mouse movement moves in the programm (fusion 360 and other cad)

Post by jwick »

You can do this by editing the cfg file manually.

The easiest approach is to go into our GUI and change the Zoom Direction (Zoom-Richtung). This will write new <Axis> entries into your %appdata%/Fusion360.xml cfg file.

The entries will be for different axes than you want to change (Y and Z), but you can change those to the axes you want to change (RY and Rz?).