cadmouse!!!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

anhphuong

cadmouse!!!

Post by anhphuong »

Hi,

Is there anyone who has tried the new cad mouse?
I'm very curious what your experience is.
gravanoc

Re: cadmouse!!!

Post by gravanoc »

Hi, I use CadMouse, so I am not sure if there is a newer version than the one I own. Mine was recently replaced for free after a glitch sprang up about 10 months into using it, but I was told the replacement model specifically addressed this issue. That was my oy complaint.

As I don't have anything else to compare to that I've used I am very pleased with the CadMouse so far and I can run you through what to expect if you just bought one or are looking at doing that.

The ability to program your own macros is the number 1 factor for me, and I have objectively saved hours, possibly days of repetitive clicking in programs that don't support custom macros natively (i.e. File Explorer). The minor downside is that in order to program more complex macros you will need to understand the very basics of XML editing. It is nothing more than opening up file in a text editor and pasting in a <Pause> line to prevent clicks being wasted while your program responds.

You get 7 buttons in total, 5 of which are programmable via the GUI, which is easy to understand. RMB, LMB, MMB, Wheel, two side buttons (FWD & BACK), & the somewhat glorious Radial button. I say somewhat because I prefer to not use the radial menus and just make the radial button do one thing because it conforms to Miller's Law - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mag ... _Minus_Two & the Doherty Thteshold https://www.google.com/search?q=doherty ... &ie=UTF-8 .

In fact, if I could make one major suggestion to improve the CadMouse, it would be to simply give users the option of using either Radial Menus OR to use the Radial button to switch between profile A & B of your macro setup.

Besides that stuff, I find it the hardware to be well-designed and comfortable to use. It also looks aesthetically pleasing.

Hope that helps & if you have any other Q's let me know.