3dxWare fresh installation after disk crash

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Emkuch

3dxWare fresh installation after disk crash

Post by Emkuch »

Hi, I had 3dxWare installation on a HDD which crashed (it was not a system disk) and in non-recoverable.

I have tried to re-install the application and drivers on a new drive but the installer gives me only an option to upgrade the existing installation (which physically is not existing). If I try the upgrade, it fails and shows information about some fatal error. It is understandable because the disk where the application was installed is no longer existing so there is nothing to upgrade.

I have manually removed all (I hope) remnants of the application from system disk and performed a clean-up of my Windows registry to delete entries concerning 3dxWare and 3d connexion. But still, when I try to install the newest version of 3dxWare, a message pops up that it will perform an upgrade. And it fails.. So there must be still some information in the system about the previous installation.

Is there any way to perform a fresh installation of the application and drivers ?

My device is Spacemouse Wireless.
UtaSH

Re: 3dxWare fresh installation after disk crash

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Emkuch,

please contact our Technical Support Team. They will need log files ofthe (failing) installation and can then assist with firther troubleshooting. I recommend that you fill our web form so that you get an answer via email. Then you can send the log files.