SpaceNavigator LEDs blinking 0.25 Hz

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mhoopes

SpaceNavigator LEDs blinking 0.25 Hz

Post by mhoopes »

I have a SpaceNavigator with 3DxWare 10.5.11, on a Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 PC.
When the "LEDs Active" feature is unchecked, the LEDs blink once every four seconds. When "LEDs Active" is checked, they stay on.
The mouse is working fine in applications.

I've rebooted the PC, unplugged/plugged the 3D mouse, updated 3DxWare from 10.5.10 to 10.5.11.

Is there something to look for in the log?
Michael Hoopes
jwick

Re: SpaceNavigator LEDs blinking 0.25 Hz

Post by jwick »

Hi Michael,

Possibly 0.2Hz? Do you also see flashing/dimming at this frequency when the LEDs are turned on?
Can you PM a 3DxService.log file to me if you have one? I'll take a look.

Jim
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

jwick - sorry for the delay in responding. The blinking frequency very well could have been 0.2 Hz. The on time was approx. 1 sec per cycle. I also had an issue that progressed to a recurring scrambled blue screen and auto-reboot cycle 100% of the time.

I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on a new SSD, and the auto-reboot and 3D Mouse blinking light issues went away. I did make a log during the blinking issue, so I'll look for it on the old SSD and PM it to you. Perhaps that might shed a little light on my apparent USB bus issues.

I still have an annoying startup behavior for Windows 10 on that PC, with an old Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H REV 1_1 motherboard. It takes almost 4 minutes before I'm able to log in; USB devices are unresponsive in Windows up until then.

Note that the UEFI BIOS is rev f11 from 2013 (latest BIOS update f14 is only from 2014, and caused issues on my PC).
Michael Hoopes
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

Jim, I located that 3DxService.log file from 2018-12-01. I'll PM it to you, if you're still interested.
Michael Hoopes
jwick

Post by jwick »

Sure PM away. I'll take a look.
But I'm more concerned that your device is still working well.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Sorry. The details are disabled in that file. It terminates after it is done initializing. I need to do something about that. Hmmm. I know, I'll delete it if it is disabled.

But for your case, at least it is now working. It was some sort of system issue.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

This issue still occurs. I believe the conditions for it can be reproduced reliably: have one other user logged into the PC in Windows 10. When I sign out the other user, the blinking stops.
Michael Hoopes
jwick

Post by jwick »

That gives me more to go on. I'll have a look.
Thanks.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Hi, My Spacemouse Enterprise has started doing the same thing with the LED flashing (if setting for LEDs is off). If set to On, then it stays on (no pulsing noticed).
It also cures itself if I log out the other user on my machine.