Scrolling in Solidworks 2010 64bit

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bowtie Bob

Scrolling in Solidworks 2010 64bit

Post by Bowtie Bob »

I just recently upgraded my computer to use Windows 7 64bit, and I've noticed an odd effect when scrolling in the feature tree of SolidWorks 2010. If I have a long feature tree, and I start scrolling with my SpacePilot from one end to the other, it will continue to scroll after I have let go of the puck, often scrolling all the way to the end.

So far I've had it happen in multiple assemblies, as well as the configurations tab of some part files. It does not seem to happen in the task pane menu's (design library, file explorer, etc.)
UtaSH

Re: Scrolling in Solidworks 2010 64bit

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Bowtie Bob,

I know you are a professional, bit I need to ask this: did you calibrate the device?
Bowtie Bob

Post by Bowtie Bob »

I hadn't calibrated it recently, but I tried that with no change in the results.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Bowtie Bob,

I could reproduce the problem with a large assembly where I opened in the feature tree every sub category and all little crosses. Some times the movement continues even when I stopped pushing the cap of the 3D mouse. I opened a bug here for our development. For your reference: the bug number is 5504. Please check our release notes if a new version is published to see if this bug was fixed.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3Dconnexion posted today Beta 1 for Release 3.12. It includes improvements to the scroll bar control feature in the add-in for SolidWorks which we believe will address issue #5504.

Beta software from 3Dconnexion is available from the 3DxLabs web page.
Bowtie Bob

Post by Bowtie Bob »

It does seem to have fixed the perpetual scrolling problem, however, it has made me notice something else. When in assembly mode, scrolling slows down whenever the filename of a part/sub-assembly scrolls under the mouse arrow. On a large assembly, it makes for a slow scrolling process to go from top to bottom.

I tried reinstalling the previous software release (3.11.3), and it shows the same effect, I just hadn't noticed it until now.