Inventor 2019 Support?????????????????????????????????????????

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

UtaSH

Re: Inventor 2019 Support?????????????????????????????????????????

Post by UtaSH »

Hello all,

Autodesk has informed us that they have worked on the issue with the auto re-centering in Inventor 2019. They had changed the integration of the support for the 3D mouse in version 2019 and it seems that caused a problem. We (and you! :)) have reported the bug and the developers from Autodesk have looked into this. The Autodesk issue tracking number is “INVGEN-22656: [2019 Beta]: PR:2296 3Dconnexion Orbit Auto ReCenter not working”.

Autodesk told us that they have fixed INVGEN-22656. They will deliver the fix in Inventor 2019.3 (and Inventor 2020). Once we have access to this version we will test it. If you have the chance to verify the fix in version 2019.3 we would appreciate if you could let us know.
RonnyM82

Post by RonnyM82 »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 am
RonnyM82 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:38 am And the incorrect radial menu mappings?
We are looking into this.
Any developments on this front please?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi RonnyM82,

the Measure command from the default button configiration in the Assembly mode works on my Inventor installation? Can you exlain in detail where you find the measure command? (3Dconnexion device model, environment in Inventor, name of the radial menu). maybe I am looking at the wrong command.

Thanks,
RonnyM82

Post by RonnyM82 »

RM CadMouse is the radial menu. Measure doesn't work in either the Assembly or Part environment. It has been like this since Inventor 2018.2.

Check out this video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApU3yolGzdXTpaUn7fQ8K_ATuW8JdQ

Sorry about the terrible audio.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi RonnyM82,

thanks a lot for the video. That helped to understand the problem. I wasn't aware that you are using the CadMouse RM. There are 3 Measure commands in the button mapping window when you want to map this command. But only one is working. I have reported this to our development. We are tracking the issue with our internal bug number WIN-199. I will post news once I hear back from the team.

Thank you for your help! :)