When only driver installed device shows up!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

b.kolthof@labpon.nl

When only driver installed device shows up!

Post by b.kolthof@labpon.nl »

We use the Spacenavigator 3D Mouse and this works ok in the application in which its intended to do. But in another application there shows up an inputdevice (see attachment. Sorry in dutch only). Just installing the driver (3DxWincore) already makes this device pop up. It's not a big deal but we would like to get rid of this. Anyone a clue on this?

Regards,

Bert
Attachments
screenshot_908.png
screenshot_908.png (46.73 KiB) Viewed 7942 times
UtaSH

Re: When only driver installed device shows up!

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Bert,

installing the driver is the step to let the operating system know which device this is and what features it provides. We strongly recommend to make use of our driver. You have the full possibility to create button mappings for your device and specificly for your application.
b.kolthof@labpon.nl

I don't think I understand what your saying.

The problem is that after installing the (core) driver but no device attached this (vitrual?) device already pops up in the application. I don't want that. So the question is, is this normal behaviour or is this a bug? And if it is abug, how to get rid of it?

For example, we use a different piece of hardware for navigating (Wacom Tablet). Installing the driver doesn't give me a strang device. Only after plugging in the tablet it show the device. That for me is normal behaviour.

Regards,

Bert
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Bert,

this is nothing which we can solve. You need to address this with the programmers of the application that show the notification. ;)
b.kolthof@labpon.nl

So you are saying this is normal behaviour and not a bug? Is there a way to get the two parties (3D and G2 our application supplier) together to sort this out? Because in their view it is a "bug" as they only read out the windows settings and/or registry and suddenly this device pops up with no actual function.

Regards,

Bert