Space Navigator does not work in Catia V5 r16

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

msmam

Post by msmam »

Hi all
I need a little help. Unfortunately my Space navigator is inactive in CATIA V5. Catia could not find any active 3D device such as SpaceMouse or SpaceBall or something like that, but other software works fine. As i know special driver for SN is not required. Anybody know what to do? Thanks for help.
Michal
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi msmam

Altough Catia natively delivers support for 3Dconnexion devices, you still should install a driver. You can either install the driver delivered with your device, or you can download a driver from our homepage:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/support/software

Which device (-s) do you want to use?

If you have new devices (SpaceNavigator, SpaceExplorer, SpaceTraveler or SpacePilot), you will have no problems running the new driver, unless you have a personal firewall installed. If you have one, you have to enable the command "CNEXT", which actually starts Catia, to pass through the personal firewall.

If you want to use older devices not listed above, please send me a personal message.
msmam

Re: Space Navigator does not work in Catia V5 r16

Post by msmam »

Hi Agoenczi

Exactly, Im using Space Navigator PE and original drivers are installed, but unfortunately still doesnot work. Ill try to enable CNEXT command in my firewall (Zonealarm) and Ill send you reply. Anyway thx for your tip.

msmam
msmam

Re: Space Navigator does not work in Catia V5 r16

Post by msmam »

Hi All

Problem solved, Catia works fine now. I switched "CNEXT" to enable status in my firewall and everything works right.
Many thx for hlp.

msmam
sebt

Post by sebt »

Hi,

catia v5 r16 related pb

please see here (i'd be double posting otherwise)

viewtopic.php?t=582&highlight=catia

many thx :)
dabaishung

Still doesn't work

Post by dabaishung »

I believe I log in through CNEXT, but my space navigator doesn't work. Is there another setting I need to change? Thanks.
reik

Post by reik »

Hello all,

I have the problem that my space navigator works in CATIA V5 R12 but it doesn't work in CATIA V5 R14. But I have to work with Release 14!!

Can anybody help me???
Thanks
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi reik,

Are you starting R14 in exactly the same way as R12? It may be that you're using a script that sets some environment variables. Please see this discussion.
Nuno Gomes
reik

Post by reik »

Thank you for answering!
Yes, I start both releases in the same way. I don't know much about some settings. I've tried it five times and more and I downloaded also the latest software update for the space navigator but it can't execute it!!

So, I don't no way to get startet in R14 with the application of space navigator