SpaceNavigator, cannot set reverse options for FlexSim 2018 Update 2

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tommyhey

SpaceNavigator, cannot set reverse options for FlexSim 2018 Update 2

Post by tommyhey »

I have a SpaceNavigator (wired), running in Windows 10 in a Parallels virtual machine running on macOS Mojave on a Macbook Pro Retina mid-2014. I'm using a software called FlexSim, version 2018 Update 2. The SpaceNavigator is "connected" to the virtual machine and is recognised by Windows 10. I can use it in FlexSim, however the rotations are inverted, i.e. the direction of rotation/tilt controls the view rather than the model.

When I set the reverse options in 3Dconnexion Properties > Advanced Settings for the 3 rotation controls, they don't seem to have to effect on FlexSim. I'd stopped the 3Dconnexion driver, renamed the 3Dconnexion folders and appended .bak, renamed the registry entry and appended the .bak, then restarted the driver as was suggested in another post. That didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestion?

Regards, Tom H.
UtaSH

Re: SpaceNavigator, cannot set reverse options for FlexSim 2018 Update 2

Post by UtaSH »

Hello tommyhey,

unfortunately we do not have information about Flexsim. :( Please contact the manufacturer of your application and verify with them if this is a genral issue or if this is specific to the setup you are using.
tommyhey

Re: SpaceNavigator, cannot set reverse options for FlexSim 2018 Update 2

Post by tommyhey »

Hi Uta,

I thought that might be the case. I'll contact them and find out. Thanks for your time.