Maya 2018 Bug

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

nehumanuscrede

Maya 2018 Bug

Post by nehumanuscrede »

Have been trying to hunt down a source that keeps freezing up Maya ( goes non-responsive ) and think I may have finally nailed it down.

For the record, I'm using Maya 2018.4 and 3DxWare 10.5.10 on a SpaceMouse Pro. ( Windows 7 OS )

If I move the scene ( any scene, even a default empty one ) in any way using the SpaceMouse while a Hypershade window is opening, Maya will freeze and I have to kill the process to shut it down. If I use the standard Maya keyboard camera controls instead while opening a Hypershade window, it does not cause the same issue.

I can re-create the issue on demand.
nehumanuscrede

Re: Maya 2018 Bug

Post by nehumanuscrede »

I have noticed the following while working in Quad-Draw with a live mesh active:

It seems that the SpaceMouse will periodically lose focus on whatever geometry I'm working on. For a time, it functions perfectly, orbiting and panning about the geometry as expected.

Then, what seems to be randomly, it will lose focus / target lock and the slightest movement of the SpaceMouse will completely pan off from the focused geometry completely. Orbiting is nearly impossible as the target point is definitely not the geometry I'm working on.

Additionally, the option for showing the rotation center point is non-functional. It doesn't matter what I set this option to, I never see the center point in any viewport.

This is only applicable to Maya.

I also use the SpaceMouse for working within Rhino and it works perfectly within that application.
No issues to speak of at all.
nehumanuscrede

Re: Maya 2018 Bug

Post by nehumanuscrede »

I don't see a method to edit my previous post but wanted to report the following:

The missing focus indicator issue appears to be a Viewport 2.0 problem. ( Which is the default viewport in Maya 2018. The legacy viewport is only available via an environment variable fix. )

If I'm using Viewport 2.0, it isn't visible. If I switch to a legacy viewport, however, the focus indicator is visible on screen as expected.