User configurable interface to emulate a keyboard/mouse/Joy

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

muddiman

Post by muddiman »

I am contemplating on having a Windows 7 x32/x64 bit driver/user configurable interface developed for the Spacenavigator. The package would mirror RBC9’s application. The cost to do this is not cheap as I have done programming in the past and know what is involved is such a task. My question is what would you consider a reasonable price for such a package? The typical game profiler software is around $20.00 to $30.00 dollars.

Don
necko77

Post by necko77 »

i would accept that cos now i cant use RBC9 on win 7 64 cos i cant pass driver signature no matter what i do. Only stuff that is left for me is to trow thow connexion in to a garbage

If u have it and it works i would give you 20 and only if can be pyed via PAYPAL
dee3d

Post by dee3d »

I'd gladly pay $20 too for a working RBC9-like solution for x64 with automatic profile switching.
muddiman

Post by muddiman »

I am in the process of getting several quotes form coders at this time. I should know more in a couple of weeks. I have tried the Windows 7 patch for the RBC9 driver but it has major problems to the point it's not really usable. This is one on the reasons I contemplating on producing a driver for Windows x32/x64 bit.

Later,

Don
jwick

Post by jwick »

While it would be informative to find out how much you guys are willing to pay for this driver, in all good conscience I need to stop this thread before you waste too much time. The features you are asking for are in the next 3DxWare release. This has been in closed beta for the last 6 weeks. Feedback has been received. Changes are being made. An open beta will be conducted when those changes have been completed and approved by the closed beta group.

Keep an eye on the 3DxLabs page. The plans are for the open beta to be announced there.

3Dx Software Development
Phaedron

Post by Phaedron »

jwick wrote:The features you are asking for are in the next 3DxWare release. This has been in closed beta for the last 6 weeks.
Just came back here on my monthly check of the situation regarding generic drivers, and am VERY pleasantly surprised on this change of heart.

Great to hear, great work for the people that made this happen, and can't wait to use the Space Navigator again and finally being able to recommend your product to friends.

Kudos !
Artesiastp

Post by Artesiastp »

jwick wrote:While it would be informative to find out how much you guys are willing to pay for this driver, in all good conscience I need to stop this thread before you waste too much time. The features you are asking for are in the next 3DxWare release. This has been in closed beta for the last 6 weeks. Feedback has been received. Changes are being made. An open beta will be conducted when those changes have been completed and approved by the closed beta group.

Keep an eye on the 3DxLabs page. The plans are for the open beta to be announced there.

3Dx Software Development
I was told about this at Siggraph but told not to talk about it on the forums. Why wasn't I allowed to beta test it!? ;)

It's been hard waiting for it knowing it's actually going to happen, and not being allowed to mention it (out of respect for the rep who told me at Siggraph)
jwick

Post by jwick »

The first beta is over. There were so many changes requested for the next one that there is no point in getting fresh feedback on the first one anymore. You can participate in the next beta if you wish.

Yes, it is a little early to be talking about this in the forums...when no one can actually see it. It just gets people angry.

I only stepped in here because someone was going to waste his own money.

Thanks for the interest and the helpful forum postings (we do read all of them).
tarc

Post by tarc »

Wow, those are great news!

Being able to emulate a mousewheel will be very useful for tablet users.

Tarc
tecdoc

Post by tecdoc »

Hi.
I´ve got a SpacePilot pro but the button mapping doesn´t works in the game SecondLife. This is very annoying, because the game is listet at 3Dconnexion as compatible for SpacePilot pro.
Will be there possible with the following beta drivers to configuring keyboard makros ?

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

tecdoc
jwick

Post by jwick »

Yes, keyboard macros should work in SecondLife with the next gen driver.
tecdoc

Post by tecdoc »

:D

I´m very happy about these answer and I´m waiting what will happen before I offer the SpacePilot in ebay. ;-)
Perhaps it will be a good tool in future.

tecdoc
tecdoc

Post by tecdoc »

Hi jwick.

You have already postet the solution to all my problems more than two years ago.

viewtopic.php?t=2009

It takes 5 minutes and everything works fine now.
Buttonmapping and Makros are possible in SecondLife , also the Profile is loading now automatic with the application.

Perhaps it will be a good idea to make the thread sticky, I spend too much time to find it.

tecdoc
jwick

Post by jwick »

tecdoc,

I'm glad that solved your problem. I think that's way too difficult for the average user. It'll be much easier with the new driver.

Jim
tecdoc

Post by tecdoc »

Hi Jim.

After installation by the new beta driver 3.12 I can´t assess any change regarding the buttonmapping and user defined makros.

Without the self-made profile the buttons still not working and the new saved any-profile isn´t available after a few time. :cry:

Achim