Duplicate program settings

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bremenpl

Duplicate program settings

Post by bremenpl »

Hello,
I have the following problem. I am using cadmouse wireless and I have radial menu shortcuts configured for a program (Altium Designer 17). When I open Altium Designer 18 (next version), it is recognized as a completelly different program, because my shortcuts are gone. How can I duplicate 1 application profile 1:1 to another program? I tried to do it really quick by duplicating the file under:

c:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\

In the xml file I replaced the executable name but that did not help. Maybe restart is required? I would appreciate all help.
Ps: I need to do this on 2 pc's: one with windows 10 and one with windows 7.
UtaSH

Re: Duplicate program settings

Post by UtaSH »

Hi bremenpl,

it might be enough if you add the new executable name to the default config file for Altium Designer in C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg.

But I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team so that we can add the name of the new executable to our next version and you do not have to fiddle with workaround solutions. ;-)
bremenpl

Post by bremenpl »

I dont think thats the case in here. I dont need any default settings. I need to copy settings from one program to another.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Yes, but there is a rule that a config file inherits features from one of the defaults.

As I said - I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team. They can gather all the details and then escalate to our Engineering team.
bremenpl

Post by bremenpl »

Ok, will do that. Thank you.