Navigation In Google Earth Win10/64

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BRBC

Navigation In Google Earth Win10/64

Post by BRBC »

I have a Spacemouse Pro Wireless and a spacemouse. I am trying to figure out why these devices wont navigate the current version of Google Earth Pro.

Running V10.5.10 Connexion driver and Google Earth Pro V7.3.2.5491 on Windows 10/64

The only way I can get any type of smooth operation is to uncheck the navigation boxes in the advanced settings of the connexion properties ui

It will then travel in all directions and 2-3 directions at the same time. Turn the navigation settings back on and I get jittery response and I can only travel in a single axis at a time.

Just for comparison both these devices work beautifully running the same connexion driver and version of Google earth on a computer I have running windows7/64

It seems to be a flaw in the connexion software and I can't get any further on this. Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated.
Intuos

Re: Navigation In Google Earth Win10/64

Post by Intuos »

Inside Google Earth pro, go to tools > options > Navigation tab and then under Non-mouse Controller: check enable controller and check enable visualisation. That's all, no need to fiddle around in the 3Dconnexion UI, other than setting your preferred speeds and buttons.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

See here.
rdl73

Post by rdl73 »

Having the same issues...I am unable to simultaneously rotate and zoom out etc...every change in direction is abrupt. Not smooth in any way like in my 3DS Max software. My settings for the SpacePilot is in default and the settings in Google earth are how they should be.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello rdl73,

see if removing your user specific settings help. See here how to do that.