Need to calibrate after every restart

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Alic01

Post by Alic01 »

Hi all, i have signed up because i have searched the forums and seem to have a rather odd problem.

My SpaceNavigator on Windows Vista 32 Bit works perfectly fine except that every time i reboot the computer i have to recalibrate the SN.

It drifts very slightly every start up, when i click recalibrate it works perfectly from then on until the next boot.

I have had this issue and just lived with it for over 6 months and finally decided to ask on here. Numerous software updates in that time have done nothing to resolve the issue.

I read that calibration is an occasional thing, which is what prompted me to ask the question.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Alic
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

You're correct that calibration should be occasional. It sounds like the problem is not being entirely corrected.A slight mis-calibration can be more difficult to resolve than a more obvious one. To fix it you can intentionally mis-calibrate by holding the cap away from center for 5 seconds. Then, make sure the SpaceNavigator is on a flat surface and and you're not touching the cap, then press calibrate.The fix from 'way off' can be easier for the calibrate function to accomplish than the fix from 'a little off'.

Also make sure your SpaceNavigator is connected directly to a USB port on your PC - not to a hub, adapter or dock.
elvhaug

Post by elvhaug »

Hello,

I have the same problem on a SpaceNavigator. I have tested the mis-calibration and recalibration, with no success. The Navigator is plugged into the workstation directly.

Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed to fix the problem?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello elvhaug,

if the calibration does not help there might be something wrong with the device. How old is it? What is the PID of the SpaceNavigator?

In case the device is still under warranty you should contact technical support to have them start the RMA process for you.