Space navigator macro/keystroke for button problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

shags72

Space navigator macro/keystroke for button problem

Post by shags72 »

I have a space navigator and we had a java oracle update and it quit, installed the latest driver and it picked up my old settings which were fit/left button and f8 macro/right button. The fit works fine but any keystroke combination or macro I try and use will not work on a button assignment. I am using this with Windows 10 and NX 11. Any ideas would be awesome.

Shags72
UtaSH

Re: Space navigator macro/keystroke for button problem

Post by UtaSH »

Hllo shags72,

seems like the plugin fpr NX is not loaed. Please refer to this FAQ. Let me know if you can solve the problem with the information from the FAQ.
shags72

Post by shags72 »

I navigate to the location of the 3dxnx.dll and it isn't there. I have installed the latest driver and from what I understand that should have put it there, correct? Thank you.

UGII_3DCONNEXION_DIR C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX64\ugii_dir\
UGII_3DCONNEXION_DIR32 C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX64\ugii_dir32\
UGII_3DCONNEXION_LIBRARY C:\Progra~1\Siemens\NX11\UGALLIANCE\vendor\startup\3dxnx.dll
shags72

Post by shags72 »

I installed the driver and as seen below the variables are set but the button config is greyed out in NX. Also where it says the 3dxnx.dll is supposed to be it isn't in that location. This is my log file from NX showing the variables are set. Anything else I can do?

UGII_3DCONNEXION_DIR C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX64\ugii_dir\
UGII_3DCONNEXION_DIR32 C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX64\ugii_dir32\
UGII_3DCONNEXION_LIBRARY C:\Progra~1\Siemens\NX11\UGALLIANCE\vendor\startup\3dxnx.dll
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Yes, check the FAQ and search for the variables UGII_ENV_FILE and UGII_CUSTOM_DIRECTORY_FILE in your NX log file and verify that they point to th e correct ugii_env.dat and customs_dir.dat as explained in the FAQ.